Here at Houston Uptown Dentist, we're able to do root canals in a comfortable environment. Many patients have the misconceptions that a root canal has to be painful or uncomfortable, but with advances in local anesthesia, we're able to make you numb during the procedure to where you don't feel anything. Also, there have been advances in the technology of how to complete the root canal that make it a quicker, more comfortable procedure for the patient.
Comfortable Root Canal Therapy At Houston Uptown Dentists
Due to urban myths popularized by movies and television, many of our patients get a little anxious when we mention root canals. The good news is that root canals are actually no more painful than a tooth filling.
Because we want to provide the best, most gentle treatment possible, we have invested in state-of-the-art technology to improve your root canal treatment. Instead of the metal files of the past, we will clean out the inside of your tooth using:
- Endodontic lasers
- PIPS (Photon Induced Photo-acoustic Streaming) – a revolutionary method to clean the canal with the highest efficiency – by Fotona
What To Expect During Your Root Canal
If you’re a little worried about your root canal treatment, it might help to understand the procedure some. If you visit us for a root canal, we will:
- Carefully plan your treatment with digital X-rays
- Numb the area for your comfort
- Remove the infected soft tissue and nerves (pulp) from your tooth
- Fill your tooth with an inert, tooth-colored material
Depending on your situation, we may recommend placing a dental crown on your tooth following a root canal for added strength and protection.