Have you ever canceled a visit to the dentist at the last minute because of anxiety? Do you struggle not to walk out of the waiting room during your dental visits? If you suffer from dental anxiety, ask us about sedation dentistry in Houston. Our compassionate team can’t wait to provide a stress-free visit for you! Relaxing dental care from Houston Uptown Dentists will help you:
- Enjoy a beautiful, confident smile
- Get peace of mind about your oral health
- Be bold and confident when talking to others
- Help prevent bigger oral problems and more dental work
Call our team today to schedule your visit: 832-463-1021. We look forward to helping you enjoy your dental treatment!
Take Your Choice of Dental Sedation
Because every case of dental anxiety and every treatment is different, we provide three different forms of dental sedation. If you need help relieving your anxiety about dental work, your sedation dentist will discuss each option with you before proceeding with any treatments.
- Light Dental Sedation/Laughing Gas – Laughing gas is mixture of nitrogen and oxygen that you inhale through your nose using a small mask. You’ll feel the effects almost immediately as your stress melts away and you drift into a mild euphoria. Our team will precisely control your level of sedation and carefully monitor you throughout your visit.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We can also provide oral conscious sedation in the form of a pill. Before your visit, you will take the pill according to instructions so you will arrive at our office fully relaxed. You will feel calm and comfortable throughout your visit. It may take a while for the effects to wear off, so someone will need to drive you to and from our office.
- IV Sedation – IV sedation is the strongest form of dental sedation we offer. We will monitor and adjust your sedation level during your visit so your treatment will be comfortable. While you will remain conscious so we can communicate with you, many of our patients don’t remember a thing! As with oral sedation, you will need a trusted friend or family member to drive you home.
We Will Help Relieve Your Fear of the Dentist
It’s important you know that you are not alone. An estimated 15 percent of all Americans avoid seeing the dentist for one reason or another. Maybe you had a bad experience at a dentist in the past. Perhaps the sounds and smells you associate with the dentist make you uncomfortable. No matter the reason, our warm team will help you relax when you visit us.
To help take your mind off dentistry, we offer headphones with calming music and personal movie glasses for you to watch your favorite Netflix shows. We’ll even save the spot where you left off when you come back for your next visit!
If you’re ready to schedule a stress-free dental visit, call us today at 832-463-1021 to ask about Houston sedation dentistry. We can provide an early appointment or a longer appointment so you won’t feel rushed, too.