Houston Uptown Dentists offers many oral surgery options in-house. Whether you need to remove problem teeth, prepare for a dental implant procedure, or heal and protect your receding gums, our experienced dentists have you covered. During your Houston oral surgery, we will always:
- Plan your procedure with patient-friendly technology like digital X-rays
- Use local anesthetic to make sure you don’t feel pain
- Offer you comfort items like headphones and 3-D glasses with Netflix
- Use the latest treatment techniques so you’ll get the best results
- Provide dental sedation, if desired, to calm you
Call us today if you or a loved one needs dental surgery: 832-463-1021. We offer early morning hours and emergency appointments for your convenience.
Dental Surgery Procedures End Pain & Maintain Your Oral Health
Rather than just offering one or two types of oral surgery, Drs. Juarez and Arnold are skilled with several oral surgery procedures, including:
- Tooth Extractions – If a tooth has become too severely damaged or infected, we can perform a gentle tooth extraction. This ensures the problem does not spread to other areas of your mouth. We can then recommend a tooth replacement option to fit your needs.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – Wisdom teeth may come in without any problems, but many people need wisdom teeth removal. Using safe digital X-rays, we will carefully assess your situation or your loved one’s situation before recommending extraction.
- Bone Grafts – If you’ve been told your jawbone is not thick enough for dental implants, we may be able to help with a bone grafting procedure. Using healthy bone tissue or bone tissue replacement, we will strengthen and thicken your jaw. This provides a solid foundation for replacement teeth.
- Gum Grafts – If your gumline has receded, possibly due to gum disease, we can repair it with a gum graft. Gum grafting is a reliable way to replace missing gum tissue, improve your gumline, and protect your tooth roots. One or two teeth can be treated per surgery.
- Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique – If traditional gum grafting is not right for you, we may recommend this alternative. It is much less invasive, only involving the outer gums. There are no multiple surgical sites, sutures, or pain. A full arch can be treated at one time.
To benefit from oral surgery in Houston, call Houston Uptown Dentists today at 832-463-1021. You can also make an appointment .
Enjoy a Comfortable Oral Surgery Procedure
Our staff is specially trained to deliver the most comfortable and gentle dental surgery possible. We’ll listen intently to your needs and take time to answer any questions you have about your procedure.
Plus, we’ll go at a pace that you’re comfortable with. We’ll never rush you in and out just for the sake of getting to the next patient. When our team is working with you, you’re our number one priority, and we want to give you the care you need and deserve. We can even schedule longer appointments, if needed, so you can feel completely relaxed during your procedure.
To make your time with us even more comfortable, we also offer sedation options. You’ll have your choice of three types of sedation to ensure that your visit goes smoothly:
- Inhaled Sedation – This is our mildest form of sedation and is suitable for many types of patients with dental anxiety. It is safe even for use with children, so if your little one has trouble sitting through their dental visit, inhaled sedation may be a good option for them. Laughing gas goes to work immediately to calm anxious nerves, giving you an all-over feeling of relaxation and calm.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For moderate dental anxiety, we offer oral sedation in the form of an easy-to-swallow pill. You’ll simply take the pill before your appointment, and by the time your procedure begins, you’ll feel completely relaxed and calm. The pill may even make you feel a little groggy, although you should remain awake and able to talk with our staff. A friend or family member will need to drive you home afterward, as the pill’s effects will last for several hours.
- IV Sedation – This is our deepest level of sedation, designed for use with patients who don’t want to experience any of the sights, sounds, or smells of their oral surgical procedure. We’ll put you in a sleeplike state, or “twilight” state, and you won’t remember anything about your procedure afterward. This sedation option works well for severe dental anxiety or if you’re having an extended procedure or several procedures performed at once. You’ll need to have someone drive you home after your visit.