Are you self-conscious about your “gummy” smile? If you’re ready to achieve the ideal smile you’ve always wanted, Houston gum reshaping may be right for you. This gentle treatment can fix many smile flaws, including:Dr. Amanda Juarez on gum reshaping Read Transcript
We have patients that come in that have a gummy smile. They show a lot of gums when they smile big and there are some different treatments that can be done. In our practice we will do gum reshaping where we can do a gum lift, we call it, so sometimes when you have a lot of gums you have short teeth and we can lift the gums, raise the gums, reshape them and actually, then, expose some nice tooth structure that's been hidden below those gums. It's a nice way to minimize the gum showing and actually achieve a really nice smile.
- Uneven gumlines
- Gummy smiles (too much gums showing vs. teeth)
- Teeth that look small because of the size or shape of your gums
Do Wonders For Your Smile With Laser Treatment
If you’re unhappy with the way your gums look when you smile, your dentist can give your gumline its ideal shape in a single visit. We will discuss every step of your gum reshaping treatment so you’ll know exactly what to expect. We will also listen to your particular smile goals to ensure you are happy with the final result.
Here is what to expect for your treatment:
- We will make sure you are fully comfortable using a local anesthetic.
- At your request, we can administer dental sedation to relax you and offer amenities like headphones with calming music and personal movie glasses with Netflix.
- We will use a dental laser to carefully remove your excess gum tissue.
- After a brief healing period, your smile will look better than ever!
If you’re ready to get the Hollywood smile you’ve always dreamed of, call Houston Uptown Dentists today at 832-463-1021 to schedule gum reshaping in Houston. You can also make an appointment .