If you are experiencing any kind of dental emergency in Houston, call Houston Uptown Dentists at 832-463-1021 right away! Dr. Juarez, Dr. Arnold, and our compassionate team will do everything we can to get you out of pain fast and improve the health of your smile. We will:Dr. Amanda Juarez on dental emergencies Read Transcript
If someone has a dental emergency, especially if it's something that's painful or something that's right in their smile, we work very hard to see those patients the same day and alleviate their concern or their issue. We are here Monday through Friday, so not a lot of practices have Friday hours, but we do make available time to be able to help patients of our practice, and then other new patients as well.
- Assess your immediate dental need
- Relieve pain and discomfort so you feel better
- Make recommendations for restorative dental care as needed
- Provide follow-up care to make sure your smile stays healthy
If you are bleeding and are unable to stop it, visit your local emergency room as soon as possible, then call to follow up with us. For a limited time, we are offering a $49 emergency consultation including a limited exam and needed X-rays for cash-paying clients. Ask us for more information!
Find Help Here For Many Common Oral Emergencies
In some cases, it may be obvious you have a dental emergency. Because it could be a sign of a larger issue, dental pain usually means you have a dental emergency. Here are some of the most common emergencies we see at our office:
- Knocked-Out Teeth
- Broken or Cracked Teeth
- Severe Chips
- Damaged or Broken Dental Restorations
- Gum/Tissue Trauma
Save Your Smile in Case of a Dental Emergency
You can’t prevent accidents, but you can have a plan in place if they do. Here are a few general tips and specific examples of what to do in dental emergencies:
- Stop any bleeding as soon as possible.
- Invest in a first aid kit.
- Wear a custom athletic mouthguard during physical activities.
- If a tooth gets knocked out or broken, store it in a small container of saliva or milk and bring it with you to our office.
- Use over-the-counter medications to relieve pain.
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
Don’t grin and bear your pain. Call us during any Houston dental emergencies at 832-463-1021. You can also make an appointment if your situation is less pressing.