If someone has a dental emergency, especially if it's something that's painful or something that's right in their smile, we work very hard to see those patients the same day and alleviate their concern or their issue. We are here Monday through Friday, so not a lot of practices have Friday hours, but we do make available time to be able to help patients of our practice, and then other new patients as well.
If you are bleeding and are unable to stop it, visit your local emergency room as soon as possible, then follow up with us.
At our Houston, TX dentist office, Dr. Juarez and our compassionate team will do everything we can to get you out of pain fast and improve the health of your smile!
Signs You May Have A Dental Emergency
In some cases, it may be obvious you have a dental emergency. Because it could be a sign of a larger issue, dental pain usually means you have a dental emergency.
Here are some of the most common emergencies we see at our Houston, TX dental office:
- Knocked-out teeth
- Broken or severely cracked teeth
- Severe chips
- Damaged or broken dental restorations
What To Do In A Dental Emergency
You can’t prevent accidents from happening, but you can have a plan in place if they do. Here are a few general tips and some specific examples of what to do in dental emergencies:
- Stop any bleeding as soon as possible
- Invest in a first aid kit
- Wear a custom athletic mouthguard during physical activities
- If a tooth gets knocked out or broken, store it in a small container of saliva or milk and bring it with you to our office
- Use over-the-counter medications to relieve pain
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling