You look in the mirror, and there it is: That dark spot where a healthy tooth used to be. No matter how you lost a tooth, you’re still dealing with problems. Worse, leaving that alone can let your other teeth become crooked.
That’s why you need to call Houston Uptown Dentists today at 832-463-1021 and schedule a consultation for a dental implant procedure. Dr. Juarez has the expert training and real-world experience to help you replace missing teeth and get your smile back.
Enjoy These Benefits
There are many reasons why you might lose a tooth. One of the biggest reasons is having it knocked out while playing sports or being active. That’s why you should always wear a custom-fitted mouthguard (which you can get from Dr. Juarez). But there are other ways.
For example, not getting twice-yearly dental exams can do it. If a cavity is ignored for too long, that tooth can get infected and need to come out. Worn spots on the enamel can lead to cracks or even broken teeth.
Regardless of how you lost the tooth, there are many benefits to getting a dental implant procedure.
- Confidence: It’s hard feeling good about yourself when you know there’s an obvious gap in your smile. By getting that space filled with a natural-looking replacement, you regain your confidence and self-esteem.
- Clear speech: You use your teeth to help pronounce words, so if the wrong tooth is gone, your speech might come across a little hard to understand. Get that missing tooth replaced, and your words are back to normal.
- Stronger jawbone: When a tooth goes missing, so does its root. Your jawbone depends on roots to stimulate the tissue there and keep it strong. Because the implant acts like a root, it stimulates the bone tissue and helps protect the jaw.
- Normal appearance: Everyone has their own look, but it’s hard to feel good about a dark spot in your smile. When you get that spot filled with a replacement, your appearance is back to normal.
- Long-term fix: Some restorations (like cavities) will have to be replaced sooner or later. They just do not last that long. But a dental implant can easily last your whole lifetime.
Learn How The Procedure Works
What happens when you get this restorative dental treatment? First, Dr. Juarez will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums, including digital X-rays of your jawbone. Then you will work with Dr. Juarez to pick the treatment that works best for you.
For example, you can replace just one missing tooth by attaching a dental crown to an implant. If you have a few teeth in a row to replace, you can get a dental bridge. And if you have to replace a lot, you can get dentures connected to that implant so they stay put.
Next, you’ll get the implant surgically placed. Dr. Juarez is trained to use the iTero intraoral scanner, and this state-of-the-art technology provides a more comfortable and accurate experience for you. When the implant has healed and integrated with your bone, you’ll receive the replacement teeth you need.
Call Houston Uptown Dentists in Houston, TX, call us today at 832-463-1021 or fill out our online form to request a consultation.