We are very excited to announce that we are able to provide dental services for you, our valuable patients, at Houston Uptown Dentists.
While things are certainly not “business as usual,” we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment. Our standards are well above and beyond what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend. We love what we do and the people we do it for.
Here are a few things we have done to ensure safety for everyone who comes into our office:
- All protocols, methods, and materials have been reviewed to ensure that we can provide state-of-the-art sterilization, disinfection systems, and office procedures. Every solution, piece of equipment, and instrument was examined to ensure safety for our patients. Safety is our #1 priority!
- Our new state-of-the-art medical-grade air purification system, Surgically Clean Air, includes six stages of technology including a UV-C light that kills 99% of bacteria, mold, viruses and reduces airborne particulates such as dust, dander, pollen, and mold.
- We will be utilizing aerosol reducing equipment in each room during all hygiene and restorative procedures. By using technology like our Isovac and Purevac dental isolation systems, we can place high-volume suction inside your mouth and surrounding our work area to continuously remove aerosols at the source.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items, waters, coffee, and chairs to maintain the highest level of cleanliness.
- We ask that you call us (832-463-1021) upon your arrival and wait in your car until we come and get you from our building’s lobby. Any additional people who are with you should wait in your car for the duration of your appointment. This will allow us to ensure the office is cleaned and ready in between each patient.
- Our patients are scheduled in such a manner to meet and exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and CDC Guidelines for Disinfection and Sterilization to disinfect every surface that is touched for your maximum protection.
- Patients will be screened via phone prior to their appointment to keep those high-risk patients and/or those with flu-like symptoms safely at home.
- We will be measuring the temperature of all team members and patients before coming into the office.
- Masks are required to enter our building, and we ask that you please continue to wear your mask upon entering our suite until we ask you to remove it for treatment.
- Upon entering Houston Uptown Dentists, you will be asked to sanitize your hands. Additionally, we are requesting you sanitize your hands before re-entering the business areas.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Rinse that has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Team members will change into scrubs upon entering the office so there is no transmission of anything from the outside world into our office and vice versa.
- Team members will wear face shields and N95 masks or surgical level 3 masks in treatment areas for everyone’s safety.
- Every team member will wear protective gowns and hair nets while in treatment areas. If they leave the treatment area, they will remove them so there is no “tracking” of anything into or out of each treatment area.
- We’re using CaviCide™ throughout our office after each patient, as we always have prior to this crisis. It is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. CaviCide™ has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria, Human Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi.
- We are purchasing everything that can be utilized as a disposable item. This includes such items as pens and papers.
This high level of service is just one of the many ways that we are supporting our community, and it is included in the excellent work we do. We go through a comprehensive disinfection after every patient is cared for.
Dr. Amanda Juarez and all team members here at Houston Uptown Dentists will continue to go above and beyond for our patients as it is second nature. For this and many other reasons, many of our patients have trusted their care with us for 40 years or more.
Dr. Amanda Juarez, DDS
Houston Uptown Dentists