Tens of millions of people in the United States have sleep apnea, yet many of them don’t know it. This is a cause for concern because the quality of your sleep affects your daily life and your overall health. If you have this condition, you need to get treatment ASAP for your sake and for the sake of the people you love. Fortunately we provide sleep apnea treatment in our Houston office.
Call Houston Uptown Dentists at 832-463-1021 to request an appointment. In the meantime, see six good reasons to let us treat your sleep disorder:
- Your Health Is at Stake – Research has linked sleep apnea to several serious conditions, including high blood pressure, heart attacks, stroke, and diabetes complications. Plus, studies have shown those with apnea are more likely to be involved in vehicle accidents. Your health depends on getting a good night’s sleep!
- You Want Your Loved Ones to Rest Too – Many people first become aware of their condition when a loved one lets them know about their loud snoring or their frequent gasping for air during the night. Both of these things happen when your airway becomes blocked while you sleep. It disturbs your rest – and the rest of your loved one too.
- You’re Tired of Feeling Tired – Many people with obstructive sleep apnea wake up feeling tired and also feel fatigued throughout the day. The lack of good rest affects your energy level and your ability to get things done. Again, the airway blockage is to blame. It can cause you to briefly stop breathing dozens or even hundreds of times a night.
- You Can Take a Sleep Test at Home – Many dentists will refer you to a sleep center for overnight observation and testing. To keep the process more comfortable and convenient for you, we use a take-home sleep test system called ARES™. With data from ARES™, we work closely with a Texas-boarded sleep physician who diagnoses your issue and recommends customized treatments.
- Our Dentist Has Advanced Training – Unlike most dentists who offer sleep apnea treatment, Dr. Juarez has received extensive training. She is board-eligible for the American Sleep and Breathing Academy. She founded Sweet Dreams Sleep Solutions, which provides treatment for obstructive sleep apnea and TMJ disorders.
- You’ll Get the Treatment Best Suited to You – Many dentists provide a sleep appliance to treat apnea but offer no other options. Yet an appliance isn’t always the best solution – especially for more severe cases. In addition to custom-made appliances, we can provide a CPAP and/or use a laser to tighten the tissue in the back of your throat, which helps prevent airway obstruction. We’ll make sure you get the treatment that is best suited to your situation.
Interested in sleep apnea treatment? Call Houston Uptown Dentists at 832-463-1021 to request an appointment in Houston, TX, or schedule online.