Many people experience anxious feelings when they go to the dentist. For some people, the feeling is so bad they sometimes cancel dental appointments. If you’re one of them, we bet you’d like to feel less anxious about the dentist. We want that too! It’s never a good idea to skip your routine dental visits. That can result in problems that will just make your anxiety worse.
The good news is, the Houston Uptown Dentists team is devoted to offering you anxiety-free care. Call us today at 832-463-1021 to schedule a stress-free visit. In the meantime, see five ways you can overcome your anxiety with our help:
- Get Your Appointment Out of the Way Early – Getting your dental visit out of the way early in the morning means you won’t spend all day fretting about it. Our office opens at 7 a.m., so it’s easy to schedule an early visit,
- Take Your Mind Off Your Treatment – At our office you can distract yourself from sights and sounds that may bother you by listening to music with headphones or watching Netflix with 3-D video glasses. We can even save your spot, so you can resume your Netflix show at the same point when you see us next time. We recommend choosing one of these low-key options.
- Make Sure You’re Informed – We’ll explain every aspect of your treatment beforehand so there are no unpleasant surprises. If you have questions about a procedure, write them down so you don’t forget to ask. You’ll feel better if you know exactly what to expect.
- Take Advantage of Sedation Options – Since your anxiety level will likely be different for a teeth cleaning than it is for a tooth extraction, we offer a choice of three kinds of sedation. Laughing gas is our mildest option. It takes effect almost immediately and wears off quickly too. Oral sedation, and IV sedation provide deeper levels of relaxation.
- Go at a Comfortable Pace – We’re happy to schedule a longer appointment for you, if you’d like. We can also establish a signal for you to use if you need a break, such as a raised hand. Just let us know when you book your visit.