You probably know the 5-second rule, which applies to food that gets dropped on the floor. As far as we’re concerned, there is a similar rule for New Year’s resolutions. As long as it’s still January, go ahead and keep making them! As your dentist, we think ones that will help you get a better smile are an especially good idea.
To talk to us about your smile goals, call 832-463-1021 today to schedule a consultation. In the meantime, check out some great things you can do for your smile in 2024:
- Replace Missing Teeth – Gaps left by missing teeth not only make you self-conscious, they also make you more susceptible to cavities and other problems. At our office you have several options, including ones with dental implants. Unlike other kinds of teeth replacements, implants protect you from losing bone in your jaw. So your face looks fuller and younger. If implants aren’t for you, we also offer dental bridges and dentures.
- Repair Receding Gums – If your gums have receded, it affects how your smile looks. It also causes dental sensitivity. If left unrepaired, recession can result in tooth loss. You have two choices for gum repair at our office: a conventional gum graft and a less invasive treatment called the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique. With a Chao procedure, you’ll heal more quickly.
- Get Regular Checkups and Cleanings – One of the most important things you can do for your smile is to see us every six months for an exam and cleaning. Exams help us identify small problems before they can worsen. The sooner we find cavities and similar issues, the easier it will be to treat them. Cleanings remove disease-causing bacteria from your teeth.
- Protect Teeth From Grinding – If you grind your teeth, you may suffer from jaw pain and headaches. You also risk wearing down your tooth enamel or even chipping or breaking a tooth. You can stop grinding by wearing a custom-made mouthguard. Your teeth stay safe, and your jaw will feel better too.
- Straighten a Crooked Smile – If your teeth aren’t straight, you may hesitate to show your smile. Crooked teeth also make it harder to floss and brush, so your oral health can suffer. Luckily, you’ll find two great options to straighten your smile at our office: Invisalign and Six Month Smiles. Both of these treatments usually work in less time than braces.